Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What it's Like to Run a Rescue out of My House-- a picture tour

Tanks-- lots & lots of tanks

An empty tank in the front room

An empty tank in my bedroom

Tanks in my front entry way

Tanks in my living room

Cords! ALWAYS cords and power strips!




Shed skin

Our interesting shed collection

Random pieces of shed skin around the house

Food-
My roach colony in the guest bathroom

Greens in the fridge

Food in the tanks-- always spread all over

Supplies--

Summer sunning cages sitting in a cold garage

New tank supplies: dishes & astroturf & logs, etc

Sunbleaching pieces of tile to put in tanks

Sunbleaching astroturf & rocks outside


Medical supplies in the bathroom drawer

Critical Care in the fridge with the ketchup

Bowls & bulbs stored in drawers in the laundry room

Adjusting basking temps again & again & again--

Almost, but not quite

Way too high-- move light up a bit

Keeping track of weights --



Dead Dragons in my garage, waiting to be buried--

The latest dragon's box

My front yard herb garden which doubles as a beardie cemetery--

10 beardies and counting

Beardie supplies in the sink, waiting to washed in the dishwasher--



Trying to take advantage of sunny days by putting beardies in the window--

A "barrier" to use when I have more beardies than sunny windows

Proving Hospice Care for terminally sick beardies--

Spike is happiest when he's in the sunshine

Listening to scratching beardies who just want out of their tanks--

Toothless kept moving and made the picture blurry

Max went from totally bruminating to spending all day trying to get out
A box full of beardie blankies & corn bags in my front room-- 



POOP! Lots & lots & lots & lots & lots & lots of poop. That's what I feel like I do the most. I call myself a "Waste Management Director." :) I'll save you the pictures of this one.



Love! Lots & lots & lots & lots & lots of beardie love.





I have two beardies in my hoodie