Sunday, July 31, 2016

Midnight Iguana

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night because of an iguana I heard about. I posted this on my rescue page on Facebook: 


My rescue sister was up late last night too. But somehow the owners got her cellphone and blew up her phone with texts. At midnight, Beth drove to a really scary part of town to get the iguana from the owners who were tripped out on meth. 

Poor Iggy was in a 5 gallon tank. 

5 STINKING GALLON TANK FOR AN ALMOST FULL GROWN IGUANA!!!!!


Beth (who HATES iguanas) reached in to pull him out of the 5 gallon tank that had poop and dead grass in it and he grabbed her hand and wouldn't let go. As if to say, please don't leave me. 

That breaks my heart. And makes me SO angry. 

He/she is in BAD shape. It looks like he had a fish hook put through his mouth. 


Vet visit first thing tomorrow. We'll see what needs to be done with the mouth. 

I spent 6 years working in juvenile detention and taught in a local jail for 6 months and also have taught in prison. It takes a lot to really make me angry. This makes me SO angry that I can hardly see straight. 

Once the Iggy is seen by the vet, he'll come to my house. And once I have my vet's case notes, I will be calling animal control. The tweaking owners already have a "new" reptile- a chameleon. 

Yeah, I know. :(  Don't worry- I'm all over it. 

Grrrrr.   

Deep breathing. Deep breathing.