Sunday, July 17, 2016

Following the Leader

I'm not sure what it is about my red foot tortoises, but they love to follow each other around very, very closely. 

Here's Otis right on LilFoot's tail. This is one of at least a dozen photos of this. 


Today I let Baby Foot and Georgie walk around the kitchen for a little bit. When I turned around, I saw this. 


Baby Foot had to hussle to keep up with Otis, but he stayed right on him. Otis, who was always following all the other tortoises WAY too closely, was not happy with this. I had to laugh at him. 

By way of updates-- 

Heidi & Derp are happily in their home in Montana. 

Half Pint & T-Bear are adored in their new home in California. 

LilFoot is hanging out with a friend of mine this summer. 

My buddy's big torts went back. 

That takes me from 11 tortoises to 4. So much easier to manage. Far less poop to clean up.