Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Dumbo Update

Dumbo is the red ear slider I took in a couple weeks ago. He's in "dry dock" -- a 10 gallon tank with a hide and water dish. Every couple days, he crawls into his water dish for an hour to soak. 


I took him out today to see how his shell cracks are progressing. There's been no improvement. :( 




I'm waiting to hear back from my vet on what to do now- something different or keep on keeping on. 

He's not eaten once since I got him. Today I tried feeding him in the sink so he had more room. 


It didn't help. He still won't eat. Tomorrow I'll try feeding him little guppies. Maybe he wants live food instead of pellets and pieces of greens. Maybe he was a wild turtle to begin with. 

So I guess until my vet tells me differently, I'll keep him in dry dock and hope he eats and heals. He's not a high maintenance rescue and most of the time I forget about him. 

Oh and a friend says I should rename him "Humpty Dumpty." Brilliant!!