Thursday, January 29, 2015

Allie, rescue number 79

I took a break from rescue for the month of January, but a sickly beardie still found me and I couldn't say "no." 


Ally is a one year old female who came to me with a severe respiratory infection, snot & old skin plugging her nose, crusty lips, an infected toe, a scale infection on the back of her head, and the tip of her tail was dead. 

I immediately put her on antibiotics and today I took her to the vet. The tip of her tail started ripping off on the way to the vet so my awesome vet didn't have to amputate it. He did clean her nose, check her mouth, and amputate her infected finger (the bones have been destroyed by the infection). 

I was SO relieved that her scale infection is NOT yellow fungus. She has a couple more weeks of treatment before her tail & hand & lungs are healthy, but she will make a full recovery and have a happy life ahead.