Saturday, April 5, 2014

Daisy's Progress



Daisy spent another hour outside today and ate 4 or 5 dandelion flowers. It's the first time she has eaten since I got her. Phew! She seems to be "peeing" out her urates without any problem. Another big PHEW!

She doesn't have a lot of stamina yet. She'll walk around for 5 minutes and then have to stop to rest.  I have pain meds for her, but there's not really a way to give them to her. And I don't really know if she needs them. For now, she is in a 55 gallon tank with a long UVB light, two heat lamps, and a heat pad. Her "Sick" tank has to stay between 85 and 90 all the time.

Next week the forecast is for 70 degrees and I plan to let her spend a lot of time outside on the grass in my puppy kennel. The sunlight is one of the bets medicines I can give her. :)

So far so good.

THANK YOU!!! to all the many amazing people who don't even know Daisy, but have donated to her fund. I am overwhelmed with love & joy. What a blessing it is to have an international reptile community to draw on when we need help.