Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Sickest Beardie on the Block

Nubs has had a very, very hard day and I'm less optimistic about his recovery than I was yesterday. His eyes are deeply sunk into his head and his beard is perpetually black. He keeps throwing up random cricket parts and has severe diarrhea. I keep giving him fluids and critical care formula to keep him hydrated, but he still looks really bad. I may give him a saline injection this evening to see if I can get him hydrated better. He's in a sick tank that I can clean easily when he spews & poops. 

I thought when the babies left that I'd be done with beardies that die on me. I'm not sure if Nubs has the willpower to pull through this. I keep giving him pep talks and he keeps getting worse. I can't even say he has a 50/50 chance-- I just have no idea. I hope so and I'm praying he survives, but I'm preparing myself for the worst. 

And I'm back to checking for breathing (which creates an unpleasant sensation of panic).

I'll update again tomorrow morning. 


His beard turned black this morning when I force fed him 

His eyes are deeply sunken and black underneath