Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Our House of Sickie Pets

Our house feels like a pet hospital right now. 

#1 is Mr Nubs. He perks up after I give him the saline injections. Tomorrow will be his last day of injections and then we'll move to food.

Nubs this morning, 11/5/13


#2 is Nigel. His amputation wound is doing great and looks good, but the stubborn beardie is still not eating. Silly boy. 

Nigel likes to sleep under his tank covering


#3 is Spike. He is still fighting a pretty bad infection caused by an untreated bite wound from another male beardie. He's on antibiotics and twice a day I have to clean out his wound.

Spike is plugging along 


#4 is my dog Kip. He's old, he's grumpy, and he's determined to eat nasty things that make him ill. Twice in the last month, he's had a horrible night where I've wondered how much longer he'll be alive. Currently he's wheezing and whimpering when he breathes because of his collapsing trachea. His eyes are cloudy and weep all the time, but he won't let me clean them any more. His teeth are gross but I can't touch his mouth without him biting me. His heart is bad, his knees are bad, he's covered with liver spots & warts, and his ears bother him. He can still smell (and he smells! ;) ), but that's about it. Silly dog. I've had him for over 8 years and we are guessing he's at least 13 years old. This may be his last autumn.

Kip is happiest when he's snuggled up in my blanket


#5 is Lil Foot, my tiny tortoise. He has grown from 99 grams to 150 grams over the past 4 months, but he is still tiny and rather sickly. He shares his tank with my Russian tortoise Oogway because they both are happier with a friend. Lil Foot eats more and is more active with his buddy.


He's palm-size!