Friday, June 17, 2016

Another Positive

Baby Remy who came back to me was tested on Monday. He/she is positive too. 


11 of my 12 beardies are now adenovirus positive (AdV+). :( Ziggy is my only negative one, but I can't rehome him. I once moved his
tank and it freaked him out. He'll just stay put. 

I had two of my recently adopted beardies tested and one of them was positive. I need to track down a couple others from this year just to be safe. 

While several AdV+ beardie owners are assuring me that this is not catastrophic, I'll be honest -- it feels that way! I'm still wrapping my head around it all. I'm in triage mode and dealing only with the crises in front of me. Tiger & Milo have severe diarrhea; Dex is still recovering from surgery; several of my tortoises are being rehomed within the next week (since I can't rehome beardies, I can only lighten my load by rehoming some of the other reptiles). 

Ah. I'm sure I'll get over the sense of panic soon. Until then I have 12 beardies that I can't place easily. And I may end up with a few more if my previously adopted beardies need to come back. 

Oh boy!!