Monday, June 20, 2016

A Quick Note on Adoption

Just to clarify-- 

At this point, my rescue is still on lockdown and no beardies are coming in or going out. 

Healthy beardies that are adenovirus positive (AdV+) can be adopted out, but they become a special needs and high risk placement. Preferably, they would be the only beardie in the house. And they can only go to someone who understands AdV+ and can watch for AdV+ sicknesses and help boost normal health. 

Until now, most of my adoptions have been to first time beardie owners. Obviously that can no longer happen.

 I'm still wrapping my brain around what it means to support 12 AdV+ positive beardies. Some of my beardies show no signs of having any sicknesses; others are not eating or moving much. All will get extra supplements to help liver function, etc, but I'm still not sure which ones. It's a work in process.