Wednesday, August 26, 2015

"Rescue" is Messy & Harsh Work

This is my "Rescue" blog. And I have a "Rescue" Facebook page. And the key word is "Rescue."

Rescue means taking in abused, neglected, sick, & dying reptiles. It means missing limbs & toes & tails. It means massive quantities of snot and stinky poop and blood. It means the odds are always stacked against me and death is always an option.

Rescue is NOT fun. It is not pretty. It is not cute and adorable. It is heartbreaking and shocking and disturbing.

Rescue is hard work. 

There are many many blogs & pages & groups out there that focus on cute animals, adorable reptiles, unique breeds, etc. You never have to worry about seeing blood or death or anything disturbing. Those are NOT "Rescue" pages.

If the harshness of rescue work is too much, I invite you to check out "Cuteness Overload" and similar websites. If the harshness of rescue work is too much, you are welcome to unfollow my blog and unlike my FB page.

But "Rescue" is my reality. So please don't fault me for showing what it is really like and not painting a rosy picture of sunshine and rainbows and happy endings. If that was "Rescue," then no one would need to do it.