Monday, August 24, 2015

Dory at the Vet

Dory finally got to go see my awesome vet today. But unfortunately he was left baffled by her eye. 


He started by aspirating the lump around her eye and drew out a lot of clear fluid and then some blood. When he was done, her eye was flat. She was also very mad. 


Within a few minutes, her eye started swelling up again. 


And by the time my vet came back in the room, it was back to its big size. 


The bizarre thing is that there is NO infection in the fluid. He's not sure why her eye is so swollen. 

Since I am still paying off Fat Lucy's surgery and the vet bills for the last 5 rescues, I don't have the $350+ to pay for an exploratory surgery on her eye. It's not infected and it's not bothering her. So I'm going to see if I can find out more history on her this week. And maybe crowd source among my rescue friends to see if anyone else has dealt with this.

My vet says this is another head scratcher from me-- a new situation with new symptoms that he's never seen before. I'm doing a great job of bringing him cases that help him learn. ;) Two gold stars for me.