Thursday, August 13, 2015

2 Babies, rescues 96 & 97

These two babies have a pretty bad case of Metabolic Bone Disease. They've never had a UVB light or proper calcium. They were bought at a pet store by one teen and then bounced to another teen. 


Their bones are rubbery and the larger one has already started walking on his wrists. :( One of them is missing most of his back foot. 


I think I can quickly get them back to health through my calcium syrup and new UVB lights.


Their jaws are so rubbery that they can't eat every well. I will probably have to force feed them for awhile too. 

I'm still thinking up names for them which is why they are just "babies" right now. 


The reason these babies have MBD? The pet store didn't tell the teenagers to buy a UVB light. :(  Ultimately, the care for any pet rests on YOU!! Use the Internet and find out the best care for your pets.