Monday, September 15, 2014

Ember, rescue number 56

I picked up this sweet, beautiful female last Friday night. She is, by far, the most timid beardie I have ever met. The change in her owners and the change in her tank (and surroundings) have overwhelmed  her and she spends most of her time in the corner of her tank.

She is gorgeous and the most amazing orange coloring on her beard. She's healthy and still young-- so no problems there. She is just going to be very, very slow to adapt & adjust. Plus, I think she's still mad at me for cutting her nails when I picked her up. :)


And yes, her name is "Beardie." I expect we'll change that, but for now that's what we call her. Or we call her "the female." Her tank is hiding in my bedroom away from all my hormone-crazed males who primp & posture for each other. Oh boy! I can't imagine how bad they'd be for a female. 

NOTE: We named her "Ember" for her beautiful orange beard. She has become very tame and LOVES to be wrapped in a blankie and night and tucked into my shirt.