Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tiger, rescue number 51

It's been quiet around here lately and I haven't had much to post. Losing 3 pets in 10 days took its toll on me and I've tried to be low-key to recover. Today, after quite a bit of coordination, I took in Tiger.

Tiger is supposedly over a year, but is SO very small. He's been on sand (yuck! bad!) in a 10 gallon tank in a basement. I saw this pic online and knew I had to rescue him:



Thankfully, Tiger is not as bad as I feared. He doesn't have a lot of stamina because he's been on a junk diet for the last month and has been too cold. He got a bath tonight, got weighed on my scale, and got a manicure/pedicure. He's not very social at all and does NOT like to be held. Most beardies socialize pretty quickly once they realize that someone loves them so I expect him to adjust fine.  


He does have some amount of Metabolic Bone Disease. Besides being super stunted, a few of his toes are rather wonky. I'll get him outside in the sunshine so he can have that. I can barely begin to tell you how amazing it is for your reptiles to get direct sunshine. BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR THEM! 




Tomorrow I'll try feeding him some greens and maybe a wax worm or two to see how he does. Once he poops, I'll do a fecal test for him. His vent is rather puffy so I wonder if he's got some parasites or something. 

I'll keep you posted. :)