Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Turf War

Once upon a time, Sancho's "spot" in the house was the kitchen window. He liked it there and spent all day there (as long as there was sun).

See?



Then one day on his "walk-abouts," he discovered an upstairs bedroom window. That is his new "spot." He waits until I leave the house or turn my back and then he makes a break for it.


He can climb the stairs without any problems. He doesn't know that he's handicapped. ;)


If the door is shut, he scratches at it until someone opens it.


He climbs up there all by himself, handicaps and all. Impressive, huh?


And this is where he stays until the sun goes down and I take him back downstairs. I usually wait until the sun is gone from the window, but sometimes even I pull him down after the sun has passed, he will still crawl back upstairs.

Lizzie, our oldest beardie, HATES sharing the window and the room with Sancho. Because that was HIS window and Sancho took it from him. He freaks out the second Sancho climbs up the last stair. So I've taken to bringing Lizzie down to Sancho's first window to keep the peace.

Poor Lizzie.