Saturday, June 10, 2017

Quick Update

I'm trying to think of how to give a brief, but insightful, summary into how life fell apart last week. One of my kids is adopted and has a severe case of Reactive Attachment Disorder along with a handful of other difficulties; also the older he gets, the more bipolar he is becoming. The end of school always throws him off and last week (being the last week of school) sent him into a tizzy that ended up with him triggering some pretty intense PTSD symptoms in me (something that I hadn't dealt with in almost 20 years). My reasons for the PTSD are found HERE in my book "Not Another Sarah."

It was quite the meltdown for both of us. :( In order to pull myself back together again, I put everything "extra" on hold-- including my rescue. I'm down to 5 tortoises, 1 turtle, 9 beardies, 1 snake, and 3 geckos. That's all I can handle right now. ;) These are my babies anyway (with the exception of one sickly sulcata tortoise) and it's easy enough to continue their care.

My amazing hubby is currently at home taking care of the zoo and I am in LA (where I'm from) taking a bit of a breather, trying to build up my emotional stamina again. Today my daughter & parents toured Catalina island. Anywhere near the beach is a blessing for me. I have salt water in my blood, I tell you! I'm already missing home and looking forward to returning.

So enjoy this picture I took and know that I'll be back soon.