Monday, June 19, 2017

Diego, rescue 191


I found Diego on Craig's List and I couldn't ignore it. Look at this ad:


The ad even said the 10 gallon tank was too small but they couldn't afford a new one. Diego is a year and a half now and has been in a 10 gallon tank his whole life.

Since he obviously had never had a UVB light either, I was prepared to find a beardie with Metabolic Bone Disease. Imagine my shock that his bones were perfect! :O WOW! He is incredibly healthy and strong though a tiny bit on the skinny side. 


Diego is one of the mellowest beardies I have ever had. We held him and loved on him and he didn't flinch. Because we were down in San Diego, I wanted to go to the San Diego dog beach with my daughter. Since we had Diego, he went along with us, and he did great! 


I plan to get him back home to Utah and get him set up in a 40 gallon tank. He'll be an easy & quick adoption. In fact, I may even look into adopting him out as a Emotional Support Animal because he is SO mellow. 

I've been snuggling with him almost every night here too. He's not crazy about the other beardies here, but once he's in his blankie, he forgets all about them.