Monday, April 3, 2017

Update on Junior

I took my silkie baby beardie and Junior to the vet today. I managed to take only one blurry pic of Junior and nothing of the silkie (who Dr Folland said is "odd" by healthy).


Junior is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday. Dr Folland will remove the lump/mass/whatever in his digestive tract and clean him out. There is a risk that he won't survive the surgery, but, based on how spunky this little Savvy is, I think it's worth the risk. He's so much more active and alert than he was before. We just need his guts to move and they can't move when they are plugged.

Because his surgery is Wednesday and I'm leaving out of town on Thursday, I'm going to board Junior at the vet for the week that I'm gone. Between the boarding fees and the surgery, I'm looking at at least $900 for him. :( But I have to try. He has too much spunk to just put him down.

If you can zoom in on this pic, you can see the "Low End" Estimate and the "High End" Estimate. If he ends up doing well after surgery, I have the option to have a good friend (who knows Savvys take care of him and that will save me $$ per day).



I'm going to start a GoFundMe campaign for him tomorrow morning and hopefully that way I won't end up sticking it all on my credit card. He's developed quite a following on Instagram and I'll share the campaign then.

As I've said before, I take asking for money VERY seriously. I am always willing to provide copies of vet bills or let you call the office manager of my vet. I realize there are a lot of fake people out there collecting money for animals they will never treat. I want to make sure that anyone who donates to me KNOWS that their money is going to pay off a vet bill. It's for the animal.


For instance, here's today's vet bill:



Parrish Creek Vets' number is 801-298-2014. Anyone who answers the phone can verify that I am there at least once a week and pay all my bills off the same day. Feel free to ask if you'd like. Really! It won't offend me. My name is Sarah Southerland. :)

I'll post info tomorrow on the GoFundMe campaign. Even if I don't get the full amount, it's less that I have to put back on my credit card and that helps.

Thank you! And please KEEP praying for Junior.