Monday, April 3, 2017

Oh, the Irony of a "House Pig"

I'll just be flat out honest-- we couldn't take the house pig. Seriously. He was TOO hard. He was potty trained, crate trained, food trained, kind, SUPER noisy, and fun. And he was TOO much.

We made it 24 hours with him before all of us were done. My dogs-- especially my old dog Belle-- were a mess. By the time the pig left, the two dogs had started nipping at him. 


Between it being Spring Break week and having a sick Savannah monitor and a shedding tegu and a shedding silkie beardie and insomnia, I reached my breaking point.

I felt SO guilty admitting that I couldn't handle the pig. We had dreams and ideas of what a house pig would be like and we are all completely wrong.

PLEASE do your research before committing to a house pig. Borrow or rent one if you can before you buy. Cisco was used to going to different houses and was okay going back home, but some pigs are heartbroken when they get bounced again and again.

We loved Cisco, but he wasn't a good fit in our zoo.