Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Sickly Silkie

Buying a Silkie (scaleless beardie) baby was a bit of an experiment for me-- to see what it would be like to raise a silkie and take care of it.

I hate to say it, but my experiment is failing faster than I ever expected.

She's gone downhill very fast in the last 24 hours. She even went to the vet yesterday and got a positive check up. :(


She didn't eat yesterday and won't touch anything today. I gave her some Critical Care slurry and that didn't help. I'm about to give her some Pedialyte and soak her. I don't have enough confidence to give her a saline injection because her skin is so paper thin.

I've been chatting with several silkie owners on Instagram and getting their suggestions. It's SO frustrating because she was doing SO well and I've been doing a good job of taking care of her. :( At least I thought I was.

Phooey.

Poor thing is not very alert right now. I don't think I can save her.