Monday, November 21, 2016

Vet Visit

Today was a long vet visit. I took in Sunny, Tommy, and had my rescue sister bring in Zeus, a red tail boa. 

Sunny stayed warm in my shirt before the visit. She looks great and her vent is in good shape. I'm going to inject a little mineral oil in her feeder mouse tonight and see if she prolapses again. If she does, Dr Folland will put a stitch along the sides of her vent to keep her from prolapsing again. 


Tommy's beak has started growing but it grew out weird and bubbled. Dr Folland said (as he often does for my rescues) "Weird! I've never seen anything like this." He filed down his beak so it can grow in evenly and smoothly. 

Tommy, in response, pooped all over the floor and peed on their hands and shoes. He was NOT happy! 


Zeus has a mouth wound that looks okay overall. We'll treat it with an antibiotic cream daily for a week to help it heal. Dr Folland says Zeus is a beautiful and healthy snake. 


Overall it was a good vet visit and not nearly as complicated as I thought it might be.