Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Faces of Brumination

It's winter here and all my guys have slowed down. Some are eating; some aren't. Some are active and run around; some lift their heads and that's it. 

Here are pics of the ones who are bruminating the most. 

Ziggy--he's been in this position for three weeks. He lifts his head and lowers it. That's about it. 


Nubs-- he crawled under his log and gives me the stink eye when I make eye contact or touch him. At least his eyes are open today. 


Max-- he's like Ziggy. He's in one spot and doesn't move much. He watches things, but doesn't get up. 


Dori-- she goes in her blankie and won't move for days. I have to check her at least once a week to make sure she's still alive. I've been waking her up more often to feed her since she doesn't look great. 


Milo, Tiger, Peanut, and Gen are all active and daily eating.