Friday, June 19, 2015

Junie B, rescue 89

I said "No Iguanas" and I said "Never more than 2." I wish I had a dollar for every time I said that-- I'd have a lot of money for vet bills. ;) When I found out Turbo was dying, I really really thought "Not another one."

This is why I rescued an iguana who had been abandoned by her owner. She came to me in a box and was MAD. I've been letting her chill in her tank. 


Yesterday I took the lid off her tank to see if she wanted to come out. She went to other side and scratched to get out. When I left the room, I closed the lid. 

Today I opened the lid today and this time she tried to get out- sorta. So we're making progress. 

Junie B loves to be sprayed with water. That is our bonding moment so far. I'm hopeful she will be a sweet Iggy. 


No plans for her yet. Just taking it a day at a time and hoping she is friendly enough to free roam so she's not stuck in a tank.