Friday, February 6, 2015

Fundraising for a Poor Sad Chameleon


I am helping to rescue an adorable veiled chameleon with a dead tongue. frown emoticon I've talked to my vet and he thinks if the cham is otherwise healthy that we could amputate the dead tongue and hand feed him. So he does have a shot at still living a good life. 
He's been very active & curious in his foster home. When his foster momma got home today, he got all excited and started trying to get out to play. He's adorable! We just need to get him well.
He has a vet appt for Monday at 10:30-- soonest we could get him in for a surgery time. He will be first be assessed to see if he is healthy enough to amputate his tongue. If he is, Dr Folland will take his tongue off; if he's not, we will humanely put him down.
I'm trying to raise the money to pay for the visit/procedure (I'm thinking it will be around $200 and hopefully less than $300 total). If you'd like to contribute a few bucks via PayPal, I'd be forever grateful! We have a great foster home for this guy and a great adoptive home lined up. 

There is a link to donate via PayPal on the right side of my blog. If you'd like to help pay for this guy's vet visit/surgery, PLEASE click there! 

Thank you!