Friday, July 11, 2014

Zeus, rescue number 52

Zeus was sold last year on Black Friday and has pretty much been sick ever since. I'd been working with his 2nd owner (yes, he was bounced that fast) since this Spring. No matter what she did, she could not get Zeus' mouth to clear up. 

(all my pics are blurry because my cameras have been acting up lately). 



I took him in on Monday and took him immediately to my vet.





Dr Folland cleaned off his mouth, checked him for mouth rot and other issues, and sent him home with lots of medicine.




Every day, I soak his mouth with a liquid antibiotic solution and gently work off the scabs and dirt. Then I coat it with an antibiotic cream. Every three days I give him an antibiotic shot. His mouth is still pretty raw and he HATES me cleaning it. Poor guy.


He eats great and is otherwise active. I'm hoping by next week that it will look & feel much better for him. He's really tiny for being 9 months old. He needs to grow and put on some weight.