Saturday, July 12, 2014

Update on Sancho

I finally upgraded Sancho to being a free-roaming iguana. I found the perfect cat tree that he can climb up and down on and hang his PowerSun Mercury Vapor Bulb light from the tall floor lamp next to his tree. He's quite happy on his cat tree and only gets down occasionally to poop on a particular spot on my floor. :)


He's growing bigger, which is good, but it's putting more pressure on his misshapen spine and making it harder to breathe, which is bad. I expect that his body will keep growing until he can't sustain himself any more. I don't think Sancho will have a long life because of how messed up his spine & internal organs are.

Sancho still adores having his head rubbed and has bitten me when I got too excited to peel off his shed skin. He prefers that I just stick to rubbing.


That long finger you see in the picture above has gotten more twisted and I'm saving up my rescue money again so I can have it removed. When they are that bent & twisted, they catch on things and it makes it harder for him to move. It costs $138 for an amputation (he's already had 2). I'm curious to see how much weight he's put on in the last few months because he's been eating great. I have a mix of 4 different pellet foods in a bowl for him and supplement that with fresh greens too.