Sunday, July 6, 2014

Our Sweet Lizzie

Lizzie, the boy named as a girl, our first beardie, our favorite love, our best beardie model, passed away today.

We are heart-broken. Something happened internally that was catastrophic for him. At first we thought he had overheated outside, but it was obviously more than that. After 7 years of life, 5 of those with us, our beloved Lizzie joins the host of little beardies waiting for us in heaven.

Yesterday morning we were trying on birthday hats for him and taking pictures. Can you tell he wasn't thrilled?




Then by last night, he was in bad shape.




He didn't even look like himself.

Today we thought he'd be okay in the long term so we left him in his sick tank and went to church. By the time we returned, he was gone.

My daughter got Lizzie for her 9th birthday. He was the best present she's ever gotten. We couldn't have asked for a better beardie and we'll never be able to replace him.

I will love Lizzie forever. My heart is heavy tonight. I cry for my daughter and I cry for myself.

Rest in peace, Sweet Lizzie. You will be with us forever.