Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Welcome to the Zoo!

We have a new addition to our growing reptile zoo-- a 1 year old iguana, Cannoli. She is not a rescue. I traded the uromastyx I took in to my nephew for her. The uro quickly grew to fear me as I cleaned him up, clipped his claws, removed old shed, and got him all fixed up. He adores my nephew.

Cannoli and I are still sizing each other up. She knows I mean business. She's not super tolerant of my younger kids. She likes to explore-- especially upstairs. For now, she's staying with us. We'll see how well she fits into the zoo over time.

Mini-blinds make great ladders!

Camouflage! 

Having a free range moment

She is fascinated by the Legos

Just as I clicked the button, she tried to lick the camera

Checking out the other reptiles

Holding her breath in my big bathtub

Finally some sun to bask in