Friday, August 23, 2013

Neville, rescue number 16

I discovered Neville in the beardie tank at my local PetSmart and noticed his foot was bloodied. The manager pulled him out of the tank and took him to the vet the next day. He ended up losing all but one toe on that back foot and the tip of his tail. The vet (my vet too!) couldn't find anything else wrong with him. He is healthy, active, and eats great. Because he's "special" they couldn't sell him normally. Originally one of the managers was going to take him, but she changed her mind.

You can see his little stump on his right leg

Today they let me adopt him for free. I took him-- against my previous decision to NEVER again take a baby-- because his little pinky toe sticking out is adorable and makes him look like a prissy British lady drinking her tea. And because he is partially green! You don't often find green on beardies.

So I brought him home and set him up in a tank with supplies I already had. He's a wiggly little guy so we didn't have him out much today. I figured he could take the extra time to get settled. Tonight, after I turned off his lights, I couldn't find him on his hide. That's when I discovered that he was in the corner, tippy toeing on one foot, with the other foot pulled up; one hand was straight above his head and the other hand was out. He must dream of being a ballerina! :)