Sunday, December 25, 2016

Noel's Christmas Gift for You!

Noel has a Christmas gift for everyone who has believed in his success:

he was drinking on his own just now!


He had moved off his hammock for the first time today (it is exhausting for him to move because he is SO weak and has such poor muscle tone). I moved him over to his clean water bowl and flicked my fingers around in the water to make it move (*that* is the key to getting a beardie to drink out of a water dish-- the water MUST be moving. That's why most of them drink in the bath).


All beardies close their eyes and flatten out when they are drinking, and it warmed my heart to see him doing it for himself. I was going to give him Pedialyte tonight, but now I won't.

When he was done, I put him back on his hammock so he could rest. 

I tried to take a video, but it didn't quite work. He is so SLOW at moving that 15 seconds go by between eye blinks. He does follow me more though when I walk into the room.