Thursday, December 8, 2016

4 Years!!!

I LOVE Facebook! And my favorite part is the "On This Day" feature. I love to see what I posted over the last few years. 

Today Facebook reminded of a VERY important anniversary! 

Four years ago today, I rescued my very first bearded dragon!! 


Nigel was free. This is, of course, why he cost me over $1,000. ;) 


Nigel was #1. Today I rescued #161 and #162! Wow! 162 in 4 years. Let's not even talk about how much money it's cost me. I am positive I am over the $15,000 mark at the vet easily. Thank heavens for a prosperous Etsy shop that's helped me not be $30,000 or more in debt!! 

Four years! That's crazy to me! I have learned SO much in 4 years. I've ended up taking in turtles, tortoises, monitor lizards, chameleons, snakes of all kinds, iguanas, geckos, a frilled dragon, frogs, a tarantula, and all kinds of bearded dragons. 

I've had tanks in every room of the house -- "had?" I *have* tanks in every room! ;) I had to put a tank on the kitchen counter today because I don't have room for it on my shelves yet. I think I've bought at least 60 UVB bulbs too. Amazon and PetMountain LOVE me! 

I've been bitten by many beardies, a couple tortoises, a grumpy box turtle, a few small snakes, and a 10 foot long Burmese python. I've buried more critters than I ever thought possible. I've met people all over the world and helped dozens of people improve their beardies' lives. 

Thanks to all of you!! You're the best! 

Here's to another four years! 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️