Wednesday, November 11, 2015

New Girl, rescue 107

I picked up this 4 year old female yesterday. She was in better shape than I feared. 


Today I took her to my vet who was puzzled by her. She appears to have no perception of her limbs and where they arare at. Her legs and arms flap around when she's moving (sometimes even going backwards). 


There appears to be some sort of neurological damage that is preventing her from having total limb control. 


Because we have no history on her, I'll have to watch her for awhile to see if her problems are really impacting her quality of life. 

She does eat great and doesn't have any problems catching her food. She's underweight, but I can get her fattened up quickly. 

I'm still trying to think of a name for her. Would it be rude to call her Gumby? ;)