Saturday, May 23, 2015

Turbo's Arm

I took Turbo to see my vet on Wednesday morning and Dr Folland was sure (like I was) that somehow Turbo broke the outer arm bone. He said it was an easy fix but he wanted to take an X-ray.


Dr F came back in 10 mins later and said "You brought me another head scratcher." 

The X-Ray shows no break, no fracture, no signs of old breaks, but quite a bit of swelling around the bone called osteomyelitis. But he couldn't find any reason the bone would ha e that kind of reactionary swelling. 


This is an unusual case for Dr Folland and he decided to post the X-rays on a few of his vet groups to see if other reptile vets had any ideas as to what is going on and why and, most importantly, what to do next. 

I found this pic of me & Turbo on April 23rd. He had no swelling at all. 


For now we are just waiting to see if other vets can provide any insight and to see if the swelling goes down or not. So I am sad there was no broken bone because at least then there would have been an easy fix. 

Turbo walks fine and acts normal. He hates having the swelling in his arm touched so we know it's painful for him. 

I'll post an update when I have more information.