Friday, December 13, 2013

Pickle 2, rescue number 34, now known as Georgie

I got another juvenile aggressive beardie today. My daughter calls him "Pickle 2" but that won't be his official name. He's been bounced at least 4 times this year alone and hisses & puffs up at everyone. I have been sick today so I sent my hubby & kids to go pick him up. I pulled him out of the box and he was cold. So I put him on my chest and did a "kangaroo pouch" for him. He's been asleep there very since.

"Pickle 2" or whatever his name will be

I'm hopeful he'll be easier to tame than Pickle. Pickle is, at the ripe old age of 7 months, the biggest stinker beardie I have EVER met. EVER. We do have a truce and he'll let me wrap him in a towel at night and put him in my shirt. Tonight, though, when I went to pick him up, he tried to bite me several times. Everything freaks Pickle out. He is anxious and aggressive. Poor guy. It's going to take awhile before I can get him calmer.

So having Pickle 1 as a basis for what a grumpy beardie is, Pickle 2 seems to be a piece of cake.

Pickle in his favorite place-- a towel 

UPDATE 12/18/13-- I finally decided to call "Pickle 2" by the name of "Georgie."