Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Color Babies, rescues 26 through 30

Since these 5 little baby beardies came last week, my life has not been calm or easy. They require continual care and it's been a struggle to feed them. Until yesterday, I fed them by using the end of a toothpick to drop formula onto their mouths.

Yesterday, I got serious though. Thanks to my amazing vet, Dr Doug Folland at Parrish Creek Vet in Centerville, Utah, I got supplies that have made feeding time MUCH easier.


LaFeber's Emergency Exotic Carnivore diet and a 1 cc/mL syringe with part of a cat catheter on the end. The new syringe fits perfectly in their mouths and I can feed them a tenth of a cc twice a day. No more drops on toothpicks! Hooray!

So here's the babies:

Pink
He's only 4 grams, but has always been one of the more active ones.



Yellow
He's only 3 grams and has done really well lately.




Green
He's only 3 grams and has always been one of the sicklier ones. Dr Folland discovered some sort of lump in his belly yesterday. I'm hoping he'll pass it on his own and not end up having a serious problem with impaction.




Blue
He's the other sickly one. In fact, I didn't think he'd make it past last Friday. But he's still alive & kicking. He weighs between 3 and 4 grams.



Purple
He's my most active baby and weighs 4 to 5 grams. 




They are now getting all the nutrition and care they need to survive. It's up to them to put forth some effort to live. I sure hope they make it!