Thursday, July 18, 2013

Another Little Rescue-- Lil Foot


Meet Lil Foot, a 2 year old red foot tortoise with lots of problems. He is severely stunted in his growth, has a missing foot, has eye problems, has had shell rot, and was just diagnosed with severe Metabolic Bone Disease. I've had to soak him several times a day because his eyes seal themselves shut. I finally took him to my vets last Tuesday and they diagnosed him with MBD. He got a high dose calcium shot and gets liquid calcium daily. 

He's a cute little guy. I sure hope he pulls through and starts growing. He loves to be outside. 


Way, way too small for a 2 year old

Breakfast time with Hermy

"Mom? Is that you?" 

Outside with Squiggy

He loves the grass



All of his problems were totally preventable with proper care & diet. No reptile should EVER get MBD. It makes me SOOO angry!