Saturday, May 13, 2017

Quasimodo, rescue 184

This poor baby beardie has Metabolic Bone Disease. MBD starts with fragile & brittle bones and progresses to rubber noodle bones. It's actually easier to take care of a reptile with MBD when their bones are rubber because they bend instead of breaking.

Quasi had brittle bones and somehow fell and broke his back. :( He is now and will forever be a hunchback beardie. He had one underpowered heat bulb in his tank and no UVB light. His owner gave me a small sample container of calcium powder that was opened, but mostly full.


He surprisingly is very active and alert. He eats great and poops fine. His jaw bone is still a bit flexible-- not nearly as bad as I've seen.


I got him the day before I left for California and had my rescue sister watch him for me. He was a brat for her and always tried to bite her. He came home last night and was back to being nice & calm. I had my hand in his tank for a minute or more and he just watched me. Phew! I'm glad I'm on his friends' list.