Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Derek, rescue 183

Derek came to me through a blog reader who wanted him to have a better home with more attention. It just so happened that I was driving down to the Los Angeles area this past weekend and the owner met me halfway between my mom's house & hers.

Derek is a sweetheart! He just needs a diet! He loves his superworms! ;)


He's such a mellow beardie that I played dress up with him. He was totally chill too as we drove the 11 hours home yesterday.

Modeling the new Etsy costume
Derek's belly is rather bloated and so he needs a fecal test to make sure he's not got a parasite infestation.


Then we'll pull out the beardie treadmill and play some "Eye of the Tiger" on the my iPod! :D Ha! Fewer insects, more greens, and some more out-of-the-tank time will help him slim down quickly.