Monday, September 28, 2015

Sadness times Two

I knew this day was coming and I've been dreading it. 

And today is the day. :( 



Both of my special iguanas, Turbo & Sancho, have been getting worse, and, instead of waiting until they get worse, I'm opting to have them put down today and then cremated together. 

Turbo has stopped eating. He doesn't move much and he has blood filling his only good eye (he lost his other eye due to a massive blood clot). Sancho's limbs are freezing up and I've rescued her multiple times from being on her back/side. Plus she's losing control of her bowels and can't get her body turned around to get food & heat. 

It's time for both of them. I've put it off as long as possible, but their health keeps getting worse. 

At 4:30, I will take them in and hold them & love on them while my vet puts them down.  I've been heartbroken for days and can't even talk about it without getting choked up. The vet's office knows I will be bawling today and won't expect me to speak. 


The only good thing about putting them down at the same time is that they can be cremated together. Their little box of ashes will sit on my mantle next to the ashes of my beloved doggie Kip. It's a small comfort though. 


I never wanted to rescue iguanas, but these two are the most amazing two I've ever met. 

Here's some of my favorite pics of them: 

Sancho & her sexy leg: 


Sancho giving me loves: 


Turbo giving me loves: 


Turbo showing off some sexy leg: 


Who knew that iguanas could be so much like kitties and become so special to me? I will love these two forever. 

I will still have Junie, a slightly wild male iguana who is a pill. He haunts my craft room. 


And whipped me with his tail Saturday: 



With love to Turbo & Sancho. <3