Sunday, November 16, 2014

Andy, rescue number 70

This poor beardie was brought to me tonight by a friend. Apparently his owners were tired of him and didn't want him. So they decided to starve him to death, but he wouldn't die and they got tired of waiting. 


Luckily for him, they gave him away (something they should have done weeks ago!!!!) and he ended up here with me. I immediately gave him a saline injection to rehydrate him. I'll do at least two more days of injections before I start him on baby food. 


At this point, it's hard to say if he'll survive. It all depends on if his kidneys and liver have shut down. If they shut down due to lack of food & water, all I can do is keep him comfortable until he dies. If his organs still work, then I believe I can slowly bring him back from the brink of death. 

Baby steps. It's all about baby steps.,