Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pocket Buddy, rescue number 42

Tonight I picked up a very small beardie named Buddy. He's supposed to be between 1 and 2 years old, but he is half the size he should be. I'm guessing that he had very poor nutrition as a baby and is (and will be) super stunted his whole life. I think he's a boy, but I'm not positive because he's so small. My little boy Toothless, who had severe MBD, is bigger than this guy. Buddy weighs 120 grams; Toothless weighs 145 grams.

Buddy isn't super friendly, but I think he'll adjust quickly to being handled. He won't be good for kids-- yet. I'll be working with him to get him friendlier and used to being held.

I did wrap him up in a blankie to bring him home and he loved that.



I put him in my empty 55 gallon tank and I don't think he knows what to do with all the room!