Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rescues 19 through 21 and How Hospice Continued

Remember how I said I was done with baby beardies? Apparently I lied.

I brought home three baby beardies on Sunday. Two babies that were 2 grams each.




And a 7 gram baby with a fractured spine.





Baby #1 died on Monday. Baby #3 with the broken back died on Tuesday. Baby #2 died yesterday. We buried them all in my herb garden. The two little babies were just too little and too far gone by the time I got them. It's possible they had genetic issues too. The baby with the broken spine had stopped pooping and was impacted along with his fractured spine. There was too much wrong with him that couldn't be fixed.

They all had a happy, safe, and loving end. That was all I could do with them.

------------------------------

Here's Yoda who I thought was so tiny next to one of the 2 gram babies. He looks huge & healthy!