Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lock Up!

On Sunday, Midnight was roaming around the living room like normal. Without warning, he jumped up on the rocking chair were my hubby was napping and chomped his arm. Ouch! My son, trying to be helpful, grabbed Midnight and tried to pull him off, not realizing Midnight's mouth was still clamped down on flesh. Double Ouch! After a very long minute, I managed to get Midnight's mouth open and pulled him off my hubby. 

Ugh! Thankfully my hubby was pretty gracious about it and there wasn't a need for stitches. 

I decided to get Midnight a bigger cage and, luckily for me, my friend had a ZooMed Iguana cage I could have. I went and got it yesterday. 

Midnight was NOT happy to be contained. 


Today, he tried all day to escape the cage. :( By 3 pm, he has rubbed off all the scabs on his mouth and was bleeding. 


When I got home from running all my errands and picking up kids, I let him out so his mouth could have a break. He let me give him loves and then I put antibiotic cream on his mouth. 

Tonight I'm letting him sleep in his tree since he's content to be there. 


He has a vet visit Monday morning because the spot on his foot where his broken toe was amputated has been swelling. 


I'm not sure what's going on, but we'll get it checked out. And I'll have Dr Folland check to make sure Midnight's not permanently messing up his mouth.