Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Honored

Yesterday I received a most unexpected message-- could I share the link to my donation page so it could be listed on an obituary the man's wife was writing for their son? They wanted to encourage their son's friends and families to donate to a reptile rescue in lieu of flowers.

My heart broke and swelled at the same time.

That they would chose my rescue humbled me. That they writing their son's obituary saddened me greatly.

I have never met this man, his wife, or his son. They have impacted my life in a way they'll never know. People are turning to this page as a way to honor the memory of their friend & loved one. Some of these same people are donating money to me as an honor to his memory. I want you to know that I hold those donations sacredly. I didn't know Damon and don't know much about him (yet), but the donations will be set aside and used for something special. It may not be grand or life-changing; it won't be a new building or an amazing discovery; it won't make the news or be the big "To Do" of the month. But one day, there will come an opportunity for me to do something with that money and my heart will say "Ah ha. *THIS* is for Damon. *THIS* is where I leave his small portion of legacy entrusted to me."

On that day, I will most definitely blog about the grand work I was able to do in the memory of Damon and the love of his family & friends. Until then, know that I am honored and humbled behind adequate expression. May God bless your hearts and fill them with peace.

With Love,
Sarah