Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Half Pint, rescue 108

I had to get this little buddy. Small tank, never a UVB, lettuce for food. He was on clear glass in the tank. 


Surprisingly, his shell is firm. No MBD! I was shocked. It's rather distorted and he's very small, but no squishy shell. 


I got him set up in a 40 gallon tank with a hot enough heat light and a brand new UVB. He doesn't know what to make of the hide-- I don't think he's ever had one. 


His eyes are super goopy and get sealed shut once a day at least. I have a vet appointment on Monday. I'm hoping that a nice tank with the right set up and a good diet will help him be healthier. 

He may eventually go in with another tortoise so he has friends. Plus I need to find out if he really is a boy or if he's a she. :) 

He's much smaller than my other red foot Lil Foot who just came back. 


Lil Foot was as small and as sickly as Half Pint when I got him two years ago. Hopefully Half Pint will start growing quickly too.